Introduction to Flow Cytometry Courses 2021/2022
Free and open to all staff and students from Midlands Innovation Universities.
Designed for those new to flow cytometry this popular interactive group training session will be delivered as an online class. Experienced flow cytometrists David Onion and Adriana Flores-Langarica will lead this comprehensive Introduction to Flow Cytometry, which includes live practical demonstrations. For further information see the booking sites below or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org :
- 15th September 2021: https://miintrotoflowseptember2021.eventbrite.com
- 2nd December 2021 https://miintrotoflowdecember2021.eventbrite.com
- 3rd March 2022 https://miintrotoflowmarch2022.eventbrite.com
- 26th May 2022 - Part of the MI TALENT Festival of Learning https://miintrotoflowmay2022.eventbrite.com
Autumn/Winter Seminar Series 2021/2022
Mass Cytometry Seminar - 8th October 2021
Highly-Multiplexed Single-Cell Analysis with CyTOF: Applications, Approaches and Best Practices
Register for Free
IN THIS WEBINAR:
- Understand how to easily design and develop high-parameter Cytometry panels
- Find out more about streamlining workflows and sample preparation
- Learn how to maximise data quality
The Fluidigm Team will also be available to speak to you virtually on a 1 to 1basis on Friday 15 October.
This is a chance to discuss your projects in more detail and to find out how Fluidigm solutions can enhance your work. To book a meeting please contact
For a 1 to 1 session with Shahram to discuss the service and how the facility operates, please contact
Spring / Summer Seminar Series 2021
We will be running a monthly series of online workshops, training sessions and webinars through the year.
Mass Cytometry Workshop - 30th April 2021
IN THIS WEBINAR
• Hear an introduction to mass cytometry technology for easy-to-implement, high-parameter immune profiling, and single-cell characterisation
• Find out more about the CyTOF facility at the University of Birmingham and howthey can support your research
• Learn more about an example of mass cytometry and its utility in clinical researchwith whole blood.
For more information please contact:
Daniel Dancer, Sales Manager, Fluidigm
Adriana Flores-Langarica, Flow Cytometry Specialist, The University of Birmingham
Introduction to Flow Cytometry Course - 27th May 2021
For more details and to register for free click here: https://miintrotoflowmay2021.eventbrite.com
Open to all Staff and Students from Midlands Innovation Universities.
Designed for those new to flow cytometry this popular interactive group training session will for the first time be an online class. Experienced Flow Cytometrists David Onion and Adriana Flores-Langarica will lead this comprehensive Introduction to Flow Cytometry, which includes live practical demonstrations. For further information e-mail: email@example.com
Imaging Flow Cytometry Workshop - 10th June 2021
Register here for this free event: imgaingflowcytometryworkshopjune2021.eventbrite.com
- Introduction to Imaging Cytometry in the MI
- Imaging Cytometry applications - Luminex
- Examples of imaging flow cytometry from researchers in the Midlands Innovation Universities
- How to access Imaging Cytometry and Birmingham and Nottingham
- Discussion and concluding remarks
Midlands Innovation Flow Club - 12PM 15th July 2021
Register for this free event: mi-flowclub-july2021.eventbrite.com
Our summer Flow Club event is aimed at those who are new to the technique or are looking for tips to improve their skills. We will have presentations which will cover the design of new flow cytometry experiments, including which controls are required and a look at optimising your sample preparation - especially useful for those of you with tricky starting material.
Michael Blundell (BioRad) - ‘Designing a new flow cytometry experiment’
This talk aims to take you through the simple rules for best practice you should follow when designing a multi-colour flow cytometry experiment, whether it is 4 or 40 colours. These include understanding instrument configuration and set-up, which antibodies to use, fluorescent dye choice, controls and analysis of the data.
Genna Riley (Miltenyi) - 'Sample Prep and Staining for Flow Cytometry’
Get the most out of your flow experiments with considered and appropriate sample prep!
Register here: https://mi-flowclub-july2021.eventbrite.com